Better Tools for Managing Court Compliance
Moon Security offers a variety of value-add services. We help Courts and agencies efficiently and effectively manage client compliance and increase Program effectiveness while supporting community supervision.
Electronic Home Monitoring and 24/7 Alcohol Monitoring
Moon Security Services is an authorized SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitoring) service provider offering community-based SCRAM services to the criminal justice system with programs in Washington, Idaho and Oregon.
While blood and breath tests only measure sobriety at a specific point in time, SCRAM samples the offender’s sweat every thirty minutes. This gives you complete 24/7 coverage, rather than just a snapshot look at when your offenders are on their best behavior.
Cost-Effective, Automated Testing
- Offers a low cost per test
- Costs significantly less than incarceration
- Requires no labor after installation or appointments to administer tests
- Is physically non-invasive and minimally disruptive on the offender’s daily activities
Continuous transdermal alcohol monitoring technology (the basis of SCRAM) has been accepted in evidentiary hearings across the country, with most resulting in favorable Frye or Daubert rulings.
AMS has an excellent track record of defending SCRAM in numerous Court cases, and the vast majority of judges hearing cases involving SCRAM have recognized that the device is accurate, reliable, and generally accepted.
SCRAM / EHM Reference Guide
SCRAM / EHM Order
- Defendant or Probationer ordered – Pretrial or Post-Sentencing – to SCRAM / EHM Program for:
- Domestic Violence
- Family Court / Child Visitation
- Other crimes in which alcohol is a contributing factor
SCRAM / EHM Directive
- Judge signs Court order or referral directive as provided by Moon Security Services, Inc. (Moon Court Services), including start date and length of monitoring
- Directive emailed or faxed to Moon
SCRAM / EHM Installation
- Defendant must contact Moon for appointment within 24 hours of receiving directive/referral
- Defendant reports for installation process at specified Moon location
- Defendant must provide Moon with all pertinent Court documentation
- Moon notifies Court of installation or failure to enroll
SCRAM / EHM Monitoring and Reporting
- Defendant must abide by terms outlined in the SCRAM / EHM Participant Agreements
- Defendant can be monitored for:
- Continuous alcohol monitoring (CAM) only
- Both CAM and EM (house arrest / curfew / RF based) – each bracelet is dual-technology capable.
- CAM non-compliance violations will be reported within 24 hours of the confirmation, and includes:
- Alcohol confirmed consumption
- Attempts to tamper with or circumvent the technology
- Failure to download data as directed by terms of the Court and the SCRAM Program
- EM non-compliance will be reported by standard or priority notification as specified by the Court or Agency:
- Includes violation of EM schedule parameters
- EHM real-time GPS monitoring
- EHM non-compliance violations will be reported by standard, or priority notification as specified by the Court
- Moon will provide regular status reports per Court or Agency-preferred frequency.
- Defendant can be monitored for:
- Sara McDaniel or Nick Fell, Court Liaison, Spokane Division, Moon Security Services, Inc.
- Direct: 509.624-8345, ext. 3
- Toll-free: 888.262.1371, ext. 3