Disasters such as fires, floods, explosions, and civil disturbances can endanger employees, customers and the public. Your ability to react quickly and rationally during an emergency can save your life and those around you. Having a disaster plan in place is the key to making sure you are prepared and know what to do in an emergency to ensure a safer environment.
An Emergency Preparedness Plan helps to minimize or prevent injury, loss of life and extensive property damage. Plans should contains step-by-step guidelines to follow in the event of a disaster to minimize the impact of an emergency.
An Emergency Preparedness Plan is important because it:
- Determines a pre-planned course of action that is easy to understand and implement
- Provides maximum utilization of resources
- Establishes a plan for outside agencies to respond and provide assistance for emergency situations
- Creates a chain of command
- Identifies the role of security personnel
Steps to Protect Your Employees and Yourself
- Identify where the “seek shelter” area is located within your building
- Be aware of all building exit doors and fire escapes taking a look at any barriers that may keep someone from safely reaching the exit doors, including emergency lighting
- Participate in emergency drills noting any issues or barriers that may hinder the plan in the event of an actual emergency
- Determine the disaster contact person within your facility
- Have a list of emergency phone numbers including the local police and fire departments and the paramedics
- Review your building’s preparedness plan or other security materials provided
- Know your role in the disaster plan
- Keep abreast of weather forecasts and other factors that may threaten your environment
Moon Security provides state of the art security systems and monitoring for commercial and residential customers across eastern Washington state, western Idaho, and northeastern Oregon.
We can help identify any emergency challenges and issues leveraging your current infrastructure and budget requirements and create a custom solution that can grow to meet your future needs.
Moon Security uses proven technologies from leading manufacturers, integrating products seamlessly for the best results in safety, security, and asset protection.
Contact us for more information about commercial security solutions.