Vienna, VA, April 9, 2018—The Monitoring Association (TMA) is pleased to announce that Moon Security Services, Inc. – Pasco, WA has renewed the prestigious “TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center” designation. This designation is granted annually to monitoring centers that satisfy all of the requirements of the “five points of excellence”:
- Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100% of its monitoring center operators certified using the TMA online training series on industry best practices.
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL.
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities.
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
The TMA Five Diamond designation means, in particular, that a monitoring company has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to quality operator training. Operators serve as the life-saving link between residential or business properties and the police, fire and emergency services in local areas. The TMA Monitoring Center Operator course covers virtually all phases of monitoring center communications with customers, police, fire and emergency services communications centers. In order to achieve the Five Diamond designation, each and every operator must not only pass the course, but demonstrate:
- Proficiency in alarm confirmation process, which helps reduce false alarms
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including, cellular, radio and internet communication systems
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities. There are approximately 2,700 monitoring centers in the United States that communicate and interact with police, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than two hundred monitoring centers have achieved the Five Diamond designation, setting these companies apart.
About The Monitoring Association The Monitoring Association (TMA), formerly the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA), is an internationally-recognized non-profit trade association that represents professional monitoring companies, including those listed by a TMA-approved Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory, such as FM Global, Intertek/ETL or UL. Incorporated in 1950, TMA is legally entitled to represent its members before Congress and regulatory agencies on the local, state and federal levels, and other authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs) over the industry. TMA’s mission is to advance the professional monitoring industry through education, advocacy, and public safety relationships. www.tma.us.
Learn more about Moon Security and our services for residential and commercial security including camera, sensors, home automation and more.